COMPUTER HARDWARE SUPPLY FOR INFORMATIZATION OF CLASSICAL UNIVERSITIES IN UKRAINE (1991—2011)
1 Volodymyr Vynnychenko Central Ukrainian State Pedagogical University, Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2017, 3(97): 108-120
Section: Science and Technology History
Abstract: Main tendencies in computer hardware supply for informatization of the population of Ukrainian classical universities in the economic environment of 1991—2011 are found by economic and statistical analysis. Data from the Ukrainian Ministry for Education and Science on the number of display seats in higher education establishments (HEEs) and the number of computer workplaces of Ukrainian HEEs per 100 full-time students are used for the analysis. Conclusions are made on the dynamics of the average computer software supply in Ukrainian classical universities per 100 full-time students, the average variation of this supply between universities in the period under study and variations in individual universities; on the correlation between time series characterizing the computer hardware supply in classical universities.
Keywords: classical universities, computer hardware, supply, time series, variation, pair correlation, concordance.
- Performance indicators of higher education establishments ((III–IV level of accreditation). Section 7.15. Number of training display places (1991–2011). Information of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Performance indicators of higher education establishments ((III–IV level of accreditation). Section 7.16. Computerized job places per 100 full time students (1991–2011). Information of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Khomenko, L.G. (1998). History of the national cybernetics and informatics. Kiev: Glushkov Cybernetics Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 455 [in Russian].
- Khomenko, L.H. (2000). History of the national cybernetics (the phase of accumulating the scientific legacy and informatization practices in the society). Abstract of PhD thesis on history. Glushkov Cybernetics Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. Kyiv, 36 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Serhienko, І.V. (1998). Formation and development of research in informatics. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 204 [in Ukrainian].
- Alieksieiev, V.A., Alishov, N.I., Adonov, A.V., et al. (2010). Informatics in Ukraine: performance and development prospects. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1008 [in Ukrainian].
- Malinovskiy, B.N. (1995). History of computing techniques in persons. Kiev: Firma “Kit” PTOO А.С.К., 384 [in Russian].
- Apokin, I.А., Voronkov,Yu.S., Satunina,А.Ye. (2003). History of informatics. Methodical materials for preparation to the candidate’s exam on history and philosophy of science. Moscow: Dipol-Т, 110 [in Russian].
- Report on the results of audit of the effectiveness of use of funds from the state budget of Ukraine for implementation of the State Program for Informatization and Computerization of Higher Education Establishments of І–ІІ level of accreditation (Chamber of Accounts of Ukraine, 2010). Retrieved from http://www.ac-rada.gov.ua/control/main/uk/publish/article/16723744. [in Ukrainian].
- Pasichnyk, N.О., Rizhnyak R.Ya. (2016). The development of hardware for informatization of pedagogical HEEs in Ukraine (1991–2011): an economic-statistical analysis. Scientific notes. Series: Problems of methodology of physics-mathematics and technological education, vol. 3, issue 10, pp. 22–29 [in Ukrainian].
- Oles Honchar Dnipro National University. Retrieved from http://www.donnu.edu.ua/elf/. [in Ukrainian].
- History of the Information and Computing Center at Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University. Retrieved from http://icc.univ.kiev.ua/history/ [in Ukrainian].
- The Cathedra of Theoretical Cybernetics. The Faculty of Cybernetics. Kyiv Taras Shevchenko National University. Retrieved from http://www.tk.unicyb.kiev.ua/ua. [in Ukrainian].
- The Cathedra of Technical Cybernetics of the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Politechnic Institute”. Retrieved from http://tc.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua/. [in Ukrainian].
- Petruk, V.І. (2009). The Faculty of Cybernetics in 40 years old: an essay of history (1969–2009). Kyiv, 672 p. [in Ukrainian].
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Retrieved from http://www.univer.kharkov.ua/ua/departments/computer/chair/electronics_and_control_systems. [in Ukrainian].
- Center of Information Technologies at Lviv Ivan Franko National University (a historical overview). Retrieved from http://www.lnu.edu.ua/itdl/history.html [in Ukrainian].
- Computing Curricula 2001. Computer Science. Final Report. The Joint Task Force on Computing Curricula IEEE Computer Society Association for Computing Machinery, 2001. 240 p. https://doi.org/10.1145/384274.384275
- Rizhnyak, R.Ya. (2015). History of the development of hardware for informatization of classical and economic HEEs in Ukraine (the second half of the 20th century – the beginning of the 21th century). Scientific works of Historical Faculty of Zaporizhzhia National University, 43, 333–337 [in Ukrainian].
- Rizhnyak, R.Ya. (2014). The development of informatics and information technologies in higher education establishments of Ukraine in the second half of the 20th century and the beginning of the 21th century. V.M.Orlyk (ed.). Kirovohrad: Publishing house “Kod”, 436 p. [in Ukrainian].