UKRAINE 2016: MODERN TENDENCIES IN INTERNATIONALIZATION OF DOCTORAL EDUCATION
1 L.S. LOBANOVA,
1 А.YU. UDOVENKO
1 G.M. Dobrov Institute for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the NAS of Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2017, 1(95): 70-85
Section: Science and Education
Abstract: Important challenges faced by national systems of doctoral education in different countries are improving the education quality and training of highly qualified research personnel able to work effectively at the global labor market, participation in global economic relations, which solutions have strong effects for innovative capacities and competitiveness of national economies. Internationalization opens up prospects for improving and enhancing the quality of research training, simplifies access to obtaining academic degrees, increase the number of highly qualified scientists, and expands international scientific and technological cooperation. The article presents an analysis of internationalization of doctoral education in various forms in Ukraine, with showing their current trends. It is concluded that the adequate strategy for internationalization of doctoral education in the new geo-political and socio-economic conditions for Ukraine will be maximization of its results in the national context.
Keywords: doctoral education, post-graduate course, doctoral course, foreign investment, inter-national cooperation, individual mobility, international training programs, private international universities.
- Lobanova, L.S. (2010). The systems of research personnel training in European countries and Ukraine: a comparative analysis in the context of building up the single European education and research area. Kiev: Information Analysis Agency, 100 [in Russian].
- Maksimtsev, I.А., Chirkova, А.V. Trends in the Development of Doctoral Education System at European Universities. Russian Journal of Entrepreneurship, 2 (200), 47—54 [in Russian].
- Lobanova, L.S. (2012). Internationalization of research personnel training in Ukraine: challenges of modernity, problems and the development strategy. Science and Science of Science, 3, 148—162 [in Russian].
- Malitsky, B., Popovich, А. The Ukrainian R&D: where the policy of “cutting” leads. Weekly mirror, 2016, issue 36, October 8 [in Russian].
- Proceedings of the 11th Conference of the International Association of State Evaluation Bodies. Kiev, June 22—23, 2010, the Higher Evaluation Committee of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Intergovernmental agreements on mutual acknowledgement of documents on education and scientific degrees. Retrieved from http://library.sumdu.edu.ua/ugoda/1/1_1/doc [in Ukrainian].
- Agreements in the field of education and research. Retrieved from http: mon.gov.ua/activity/ [in Ukrainian].
- Annual report on execution of passports of budget programs for 2007 of the Ministry for Education and Science of Ukraine. Retrieved from www.old.mon.gov.ua/images/zvtn/budzh_2007.doc [in Ukrainian].
- Annual report on execution of passports of budget programs for 2010 of the Ministry for Education and Science of Ukraine. Retrieved from www.old.mon.gov.ua/imeges/budget/vik_derzh/zv-2010/doc [in Ukrainian].
- Annual report on execution of passports of budget programs for 2015 of the Ministry for Education and Science of Ukraine. Retrieved from www.mon.gov.ua/content/новини/2016/03/10/vikonannya-pasportiv-2015.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Training of research personnel. Statistical bulletin. The State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. 2011–2016. Retrieved from www. ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- The National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Retrieved from www.nas.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- The nomenclature of not-State-owned higher education establishments in Ukraine. Retrieved from http // intered.com.ua/Media/Default/ [in Ukrainian.]
- News of Ukraine. Retrieved from www.segodnya.ua/education/ [in Ukrainian].