SOCIALIZATION OF INNOVATION POLICY IN EU
Іvan Ohienko Kamianets-Podilskу National University, Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2017, 4(98): 3-17
Section: Science and Innovation-driven development of economy and society
Abstract: The European practices in setting up and implementing the socially oriented EU innovation policy are analyzed; new tools and trends related to the socialization process in innovation are identified. The social effectiveness of the EU innovation policy is assessed by econometric analysis. The impact of implementation of the revised innovation policy on the social development of EU is assessed by finding the correlation of Summary Innovation Index with Human Development Index, per capita GDP by PPC (by data for 2011 and 2015), Quality of Life Index (by data for 2015). The assessment shows the significant and increasing impact of the in novativeness (measured by Summary Innovation Index) on Human Development Index in EU countries in 2011 and 2015; on per capita GDP by PPC in 2015; the growing correlation between the innovativeness and Quality of Life Index, from weak in 2011 to strong one in 2015. The results give evidence on the positive impact of the innovation policy in EU countries on solutions of social problems.
Keywords: innovation policy, social innovation, social effectiveness of innovation policy, modeling.
- Research and innovation: introduction. Retrieved from http://europa.eu/int.
- Yashchyshyna, І.V. (2015). Social effectiveness of the innovation policy in EU. Science and Science of Science, 1,3–12 [in Ukrainian].
- Initial results from implementation of EU Program “Horizon 2020”. Retrieved from http://science.univ.kiev.ua/news/official/2282/. [in Ukrainian].
- Fagerberg, J., Verspagen, В. (2007). Innovation, Growth and Economic Development: Have the Conditions for Catch-Up Changed? International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, 1, 13–33. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJTLID.2007.015017
- Hautamaki, А. (2010). Sustainable Innovation. A New Age of Innovation and Finland’s Innovation Policy. Sitra Reports No 87. SITRA, Helsinki, 144 р.
- Social Innovation a Decade of Changes. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2014. 144 p.
- Papaioannou, T. (2014). How inclusive can innovation and development be in the twenty-first century? Innovation and Development, 4, 187–202. https://doi.org/10.1080/2157930X.2014.921355
- Fedulova, L.І. (2016). Inclusive innovation as part of the socio-economic development. Economics: realities of time, 3, 56–65 [in Ukrainian].
- Santiago, F. (2014). Innovation for inclusive development. Innovation and Development, 4, 1–4. https://doi.org/10.1080/2157930X.2014.890353
- Caulier-Grice, J., Kahn, L., Mulgan, G. et al. (2010). Study on Social Innovation. A paper prepared by the Social Innovation Exchange (SIX) and the Young Foundation for the Bureau of European Policy Advisers. Bureau of European Policy Advisers, Young Foundation, 127 р.
- Bogdan, N.I. (2015). Socialization of the innovation policy: global trends and challenges for Belarus. Byelorussian economic journal, 3, 4–22 [in Russian].
- Obervan, О.R. (2014). Global practices and approaches to making the social innovation policy in Ukraine. Scientific bulletin of Kherson State University. Series: Economics, 6 (part 2), 17–20 [in Ukrainian].
- Yashchyshyna, І.V. (2012). Social orientation of the innovation-driven economy: experiences, tendencies, implications. Kamianets-Podilskyi: Sysyn Ya.I., 368 [in Ukrainian].
- Human Development Reports. Retrieved from http://hdr.undp.org/en/composite/HDI.
- European Innovation Scoreboard. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/innovation/facts-figures/scoreboards_en.
- The Life Quality Index. Retrieved from https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki. [in Russian].