INNOVATION-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT OF UKRAINE IN THE EUROPEAN INTEGRATION CONTEXT
1G.M. Dobrov Institute for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the NAS of Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2017, 3(97): 3-22
Section: Science and Innovation-driven development of economy and society
Abstract: By analyzing the science and innovation policy pattern and science & innovation tendencies in Ukraine, comparing the dynamics of Ukraine’s rank with the respective ranks of EU countries in Global Competitiveness Index of World Economic Forum (2007–2017), it is shown that throughout independence years the political power in Ukraine has failed to implement, in quick and effective manner, a historic chance for this country: to integrate efficiently in the global innovation pattern of economic development. It is demonstrated that given the contemporary challenges from the global economy and the periphery position of Ukraine in innovation terms, Ukraine does need to form a new paradigm for science & technology and innovation policy, to pursue its political and economic goals in geo-strategic dimension. This article is a follow up of the studies, in the monitoring context, of the peculiar features of mechanisms for Ukraine’s integration in science & innovation and socio-economic environment of the European Community
Keywords: innovation-driven development, investment attractiveness, science and innovation policy, socio-economic environment, Global Competitiveness Index, factor component, social potential of the innovation-driven development.
- Castellacci F. Closing the Technology Gap? Retrieved from http://final.dime-eu.org/files/Castellacci_E7.pdf .
- The innovative Ukraine: national report. Heiets, V.M. (ed.) Kyiv, 2015, 336 p. [in Ukrainian].
- The Declaration on the National Sovereignty of Ukraine: Resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 16.07.1990 No55-XII. Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/55-12. [in Ukrainian].
- Declaration of the Independence of Ukraine: Directive of the Verkhovna Rada of the Ukrainian SSR from August, 24, 1991 No 1427-XII. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1427-12 . [in Ukrainian].
- The Declaration from EU on Ukraine. Retrieved from http://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/ukraine/eu_ukraine/chronology/index_uk.htm. [in Ukrainian].
- Seniuk, Yu. (2013). Path dependency versus future challenges: the enchanted Ukraine in the spring of the new era. Ukrainian studies, 1, 241–247 [in Ukrainian].
- Vesylenko, V. The December referendum: the supreme form of legitimization of the Ukrainian national independence. Weekly mirror, 2010, issue 46, December 10 [in Ukrainian].
- Declaration of Independence of Ukraine1991. Retrieved from https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9F%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1% 88%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8F_%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0 %B6%D0%BD%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%82%D1%96_%D0%A3%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%97%D0%BD%D0%B8_1991.
- Holovatyuk, V.М. (2012). The investment attractiveness of the innovation sphere of the Ukrainian economy. Kyiv: Phoenix, 364 [in Ukrainian].
- Establishment of the State Innovation Fund: Directive of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from 18.02.1992 No77. Retrieved from http://ndipzir.org.ua/ . [in Ukrainian].
- 11. The key objective of the foreign policy of Ukraine: Directive of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine from 02.07.1993 No 3360-XII. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3360-12 . [in Ukrainian].
- Problems of creating technoparks and innovation entities of other types: Resolution of the President of Ukraine from January 23, 1996 No17/96-рп. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/17/96-%D1%80%D0%BF/print1445783992453107 . [in Ukrainian].
- Approval of the Regulation on creation and operation of technopartks and innovation entities of other types: Directive of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine from May, 22, 1996 No549. Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/549-96-%D0%BF . [in Ukrainian].
- The Law of Ukraine “The special regime for innovation activities of technological parks”. Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (BVR), 1999, issue 40, p. 363. [in Ukrainian].
- Kostyunina, G.М., Baronov, V.I. Technoparks in foreign and Russian practice. Retrieved from http://www.vestnik.mgimo.ru/razdely/ekonomika/tehnoparki-v-zarubezhnoy-i-rossiyskoy-praktike . [in Russian].
- The Law of Ukraine “Innovation activities” from July 4, 2002 No 40-IV. Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (BVR), 2002, issue 36, p.266. Last edition from 05.12.2012 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazur, A.A., Pustovoit, S.V. (2013). Technological parks of Ukraine: figures, facts, problems. Research and innovations, vol.9, issue3, pp. 59–72 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/scin9.03.059
- Porter, М. (1993). International competition. Trans. from English. Moscow: Mezhdunarodnyye otnosheniya, 896 [in Russian].
- UNESCO science report, towards 2030: executive summary. Retrieved from https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000235407
- Global Competitiveness Report 2016–17. Retrieved from http://www3.weforum.org/gcr.
- The 2017 IMD World Competitiveness Ranking. Retrieved from https://www.imd.org/globalassets/wcc/docs/release-2017/2017-world_competitiveness_ranking.pdf
- European Innovation Scoreboard 2016. Retrieved from http://www.knowledgetransferireland.com/About_KTI/Reports-Publications/European-Innovation-Scoreboard-2016.pdf .
- World Bank Open Data. Retrieved from http://data.worldbank.org .
- Science, technology and innovation capability gaps, policy environment, and evolving policy tools for sustainable development. Note by the UNCTAD secretariat. Retrieved from https://unctad.org/meetings/en/SessionalDocuments/ciimem4d5_ru.pdf [in Russian].
- Reform of public procurement. Retrieved from http://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=38c083f3-2571-466a-9583-3b43c2804ad9&title=ReformaDerzhavnikhZakupivel . [in Ukrainian].
- Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council laying down the rules for the participation and dissemination in “Horizon 2020 – the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014–2020)”. Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A52011PC0810.