TRADITIONS AND PROSPECTS OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL COOPERATION OF UKRAINE WITH CHINA
1 Dobrov Institute for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the NAS of Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2021, 4(114): 94—111
Section: Foreign science. International science and technology cooperation
Abstract: The article is devoted to the study of international scientific and technological cooperation, which remains important for the scientific, educational and innovative spheres of Ukraine. It was emphasized that the new reality associated with the change of leaders in economic and innovative development, limited physical contacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic and a large-scale digitalization requires new approaches to understanding and studying the current state of international scientific and technological cooperation between Ukraine and various countries, including China that plays a significant role. The practice of developing Chinese-Ukrainian relations shows that these countries are becoming more and more important partners in various fields of activity.
The need to develop special programs for scientific and technological cooperation of various entities and to determine the priority areas of international cooperation for the promotion of science and innovation in Ukraine is emphasized. Examples of mutually beneficial scientific and to technological cooperation between Ukraine and China, potentially capable of reducing the impact of negative phenomena in the scientific and educational sphere of Ukraine, are given. It is shown that in the process of international scientific and technological cooperation, new types of interaction are created between the subjects of cooperation, the geography of partnerships is expanding, and due to economic achievements based on knowledge and innovation, China is becoming an increasingly attractive partner for Ukraine.
The examples of scientific and technological cooperation between Ukraine and China indicate that the scientific and technical policy of Ukraine provides for the necessary framework conditions for its mutually beneficial and effective implementation. At the same time, the initiatives of individual research institutes and universities are becoming more widespread. The authors substantiate the prospects of China as a partner of Ukraine in scientific and technological cooperation by personal experience of participation in a research project to attract foreign specialists to work in Jiangxi province.
Keywords: international scientific and technological cooperation, China, Ukraine, Jiangxi province, research and development, the Chinese-Ukrainian Institute of Welding named after E.O. Paton, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Institute of Scientific and Technological Strategy of the Academy of Sciences of Jiangxi Province, State Institution “Dobrov Institute for Research of Scientific and Technological Potential and History of Science of NAS of Ukraine”, attracting foreign specialists.
- Bezrukova, N.V. & Lekunovich, A.Yu. (2017). Particularities of building of innovative economy: analysis of Chinese experience and realities of Ukraine. Effective economy, 4. URL: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5544 (last accessed: 08.16.2021) [in Ukrainian].
- Balanchuk, I.S. (2019). Building the innovation system in the Chinese People’s Republic. Science, technology, innovation, 1, 23—35 [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalev, M.M. & Wang Xing (2017). China in the 21st century is a world innovative power. Minsk: Publishing Center of Belorussian State University. URL: https://elib.bsu.by/handle/123456789/190392 (last accessed: 09/20/2021) [in Russian].
- Wang Xing & Kovalev, M.M. (2015). China is building a knowledge economy. Bulletin of the Association of Belarusian Banks, 7(758), 3—11. URL: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/38540678. pdf (last accessed: 19.09.2021) [in Russian].
- Christofilopoulos, E. & Mantzanakis, S. (2016). China 2025: research & innovation landscape. Foresight and STI Governance, 10(3), 7—16. https://doi.org/10.17323/1995-459X.2016.3.7.16
- Kirichenko, I.V. (2020). China: international scientific and technical cooperation in the context of strategic guides of socio-economic policy. Innovations, 8. URL: https://maginnov.ru/ ru/zhurnal/arhiv/2020/innovacii-n8-2020/kitaj-mezhdunarodnoe-nauchno-tehnicheskoesotrudnichestvo-v-kontekste-strategicheskih-ustanovok-socialno-ekonomicheskih-ustanovok-socialno-ekonomicheskoj-politiki (last accessed 23.09.2021) [in Russian].
- Boyko, O. (2019). Experience of Ukraine and China for the establishment of organizational forms of innovation. European Science Journal of Economic and Financial Innovations, 1(3), 5—26. https://doi.org/10.32750/2019-0101 [in Ukrainian].
- Miklovda, V.P. & Griga, V.Yu. (2018). Features of the regional innovation policy in China (example of Jiangxi province). Scientific papers of Uzhgorod University: Economics, 2(52), 13—25 [in Ukrainian].