ANALYTICAL ASSESSMENT OF SCIENTIFIC PERIODICALS PUBLISHING RESULTS OF RESEARCH ON THE PROBLEMS OF PEDIATRICS, SCHOOL AND ADOLESCENT MEDICINE
1 M.L. VODOLAZHSKY,
1 T.V. KOSHMAN,
1 T.V. FOMINA,
1 T.P. SIDORENKO
1 Institute for Protection of Children’s and Teenagers’ Health of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
Nauka naukozn. 2017, 3(97): 97-107
Abstract: The objective of the study is analytical assessment of scientific periodicals printing articles on pediatrics, school and adolescent medicine. The data source for the study is reference cards of 150 research works with bibliographic descriptions of articles and theses of reports on research works performed on Ukraine in the field of pediatrics, school and adolescent medicine in 2001— 2015. It is found that the results of 150 finished research works were published in252 scientific periodicals (journals and compendia): 225 periodicals are printed in Ukraine, 27 are printed abroad. Results of the study are shown: the disciplinary distribution of scientific periodicals where results of research works on problems pediatrics, school and adolescent medicine are published (2001—2015); the distribution of such periodicals by thematic fields of medicine; Ukrainian medical periodicals devoted to pediatrics, school and adolescent medicine, included in international databases; qualimetric assessment of the Ukrainian scientific periodicals publishing results of research in the above problems (as of 01.09.2016).
Keywords: scientific periodical, research work, database, qualimetric assessment.
- The Law of Ukraine “Scientific and science and technology activities”. Bulletin of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VRU), 2016, issue3, p. 25 [in Ukrainian].
- Zelinska, N.V. (2011). “Traditional” periodicals as part of the modern scientific communications: tendencies and prospects. Science of Ukraine in the global information space, 5, 20–27 [in Ukrainian].
- Yehorov, I.Yu., Chernenko, S.M. (2015). Modern tendencies to use scientometric indicators for evaluating science & technology and innovation activities. Problems of science, 11,12–18 [in Ukrainian].
- Vodolazhsky, M.L., Sydorenko, T.P., Fomina, T.V., Koshman, T.V. (2016). A qualimetric analysis of information and innovation resources created by the results of research in the discipline “children’s endocrinology” (2001—2014). Ukrainian journal of children’s endocrinology, 2, 87–92 [in Ukrainian].
- Vodolazhsky, M.L. (2016). A scientometric assessment of information and innovation resources created by the results of research works on the problem of children’s and teenagers’ health protection in 2001–2014. Modern pediatrics, 3, 137–141 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15574/SP.2016.75.137
- Korenev, M.M., Vodolazhskyi, M.L., Sydorenko, T.P., Fomina, T.V., Koshman, T.V. (2016). Evaluating the Scientific Result of an R&D in Medical Field: Methodological Improvements. Science and Science of Science, 3, 88–96 [in Ukrainian].
- Azgaldov, G.G., Kostin, А.V., Sadovov, V.V. (2012). Qualimetrics for all. Moscow: InformZnaniye, 165 [in Russian].
- Kavunenko, L.P., et al. (2010). Scientometric monitoring of Ukrainian scientific periodicals in the socio-humanitarian field. Science of Ukraine in the global information space,3, 71–81 [in Ukrainian].
- Chernogayeva, О.G., Kavunenko, L.F., Kostritsa, Ye.P. (2015). The publication activity of Ukrainian scientists in the SCOPUS database. Science of Ukraine in the global information space,11, 89–99 [in Russian].
- Maidannyk, V.H. (2014). Global tendencies in the development of research in clinical pediatrics. International journal of pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology, vol. 6, issue1, pp. 43–44 [in Ukrainian].